- Figure out attractive tourism resources in target areas. Design tour package products and mitigate challenges. Promote alternative destinations.
- Integrate informal sectors in tourism value chain (producers’ end). Raise awareness of the tourism MSMEs in touristic hotspots (buyers’ end) on regional food and handicraft products. Develop a mobile App and an online shop platform to connect producers and buyers.
- Provide technical assistance for producers and service providers to achieve better quantity and quality. Develop and demonstrate Appropriate Technology solutions. Encourage circular economy practices.
- Support producers to design and develop new products (agri-food, handicraft and packaging) and services (homestays and tour package). Develop prototypes and test.
- Establish a model village (also learning center and educational tourism destination). Capacitate stakeholder groups for agri-/educational tourism and technologies for agri food processing and handicraft. Promote the model village.
- Develop marketing materials and disseminate the outcomes. Support local government and national institutions in the formulation and implementation of rural tourism policies and guidelines. Facilitate access to financial programs.